- 2013 Grapplers Showdown – Bronze
- 2014 British Open – Silver
- 2014 British NOGI Bronze
- 2015 Newquay Winter Open Gold
- 2015 Newquay Winter NOGI Open Gold
- 2015 Newquay Summer Open Silver
- 2015 Nottingham Open Gold
- 2016 British Open Gold
- Started at Gracie Barra Milton Keynes in September 2012
- Promoted to blue belt in May 2014
- Promoted to purple belt in May 2016
- Nine amateur boxing bouts.
- Brown, double white stripe belt in Shotokan Karate.
Get to Know James Anderson
What would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island (no mobile or friends/family)?
Fishing rod and a good book!
Describe your perfect Day that does not involve BJJ.
A sunny day at the beach with friends and family and a BBQ in the evening.
Where do you most want to travel apart from the obvious …Brazil, but have never been?
The Alaska wilderness to test my survival skills!
What is your favourite memory about training?
When I attended a Braulio Estima seminar, Braulio took time at the end to spend spar with everyone. Getting the chance to briefly roll with Braulio was a very memorable and humbling experience!
Who is your favourite Film?
What is your favourite book?
A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin
What was your favourite technique in BJJ/MMA /Wrestling?
The clock choke.
What has been your biggest challenge in martial arts?
What is your biggest success up until now?
Winning my category at the British Open.
If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
2005, when I was lucky enough to travel around the World!
How would your friends describe you?
Tenacious but kind.